Solved

Funnel with user that never performed an event prior to entering the funnel

• 9 February 2023
  • 3 replies

Dear community,

I am trying to build a conversion funnel answering the following question :
What is the conversion rate of visitors that never purchased (since Nov 2021) when entering the funnel ? 

I have tried many configuration including the following one : 

Which gives me a 0% conversion rate ? 
It seems that the segment condition are applied to all events of the funnel, not only the first one. 

Would you know how to solve this issue ? (without using derived properties)

Best,

Maxime

icon

Best answer by belinda.chiu 14 February 2023, 20:57

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Thanks for reaching out here @Maxime Sabran Were you able to make progress? This FAQ article is a great place to start - link. And I can get more eyes on this if you need more assistance. We’re here to help!

Hello @Jeremie Gluckman ,

I have carefully looked at the documentation and talk to my account manager but could not find a solution. 
I would be happy to have your thought on this.

Maxime

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Maxime Sabran ! Welcome to the Amplitude Community! 👋 

The right module on the Funnel chart does only apply to the first event in the Funnel. The reason why this is showing 0 conversion though is because your right segment is looking for users who did not do Purchase Validated anytime since Nov 1, 2021 but you are looking for conversion to that event as the 2nd step. Since the users would not have done a Purchased Validated event at all since Nov 1, 2021, then there should be no conversions in the Funnel. 

The segment you built would work if you weren’t trying to look at “Purchased Validated” as the converting event. 

If you did, then the piece that is missing is that you wanted the “did not do Purchased Validated event” to be relative to the start of the Funnel so users did not do that event before doing view page. Or rather, you want to look at the conversion of users’ first Purchased Validated event. 

If so, I would recommend utilizing Historical Count on the second event. https://analytics.amplitude.com/demo/chart/new/v73piec. This will look at the conversion of users who did view page and then go to their first purchased validated event. 

Please note that there are some caveats to historical count - read about them here:

https://help.amplitude.com/hc/en-us/articles/360040957432-Historical-Count-Track-user-behavior-for-different-instances-of-each-user-action