Solved

Funnel unexpected behavior

• 22 December 2022
  • 1 reply

I'm making a funnel for my sales and I'm having unexpected behavior. There are three steps that I'm getting through viewing the page, the first is the data step, then the payment and finally success, it's not possible to skip any of the steps so for you to be at the payment stage you have to have done the data step in same session. When I create the normal funnel I have the following result

But when I change the position of the successful step to the first one, I get the following result.

What bothers me is because I have 269 success page access events when I put first and when I put last I only have 7 events. As to reach the success stage you have to go through the other stages, the result is similar if I change to any order or this order, or when I change the period to complete the funnel. Does anyone know what can it be?

icon

Best answer by Loc Tran 23 December 2022, 22:06

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi @vitorr

Thanks for your post!

My first thought to troubleshoot is to look at one of the user’s individual event streams on the unexpected chart. To do this, click into the cohort with 269 users and then click “view users”. Then, click one of the User ID’s. In the bottom module, try highlighting “Success” and scroll through the stream.

This is a demo chart so I don’t share any identifying information. I also have a screenshot to show where the Event Steam filter is!

Demo Funnel Link: https://analytics.amplitude.com/demo/chart/new/u9eq8i9

Are there users who fire the event “Success” without firing the Data or Payment events prior?

Best, 
Loc