Solved

Fetch all information from a list of users

• 14 October 2022
  • 3 replies

I have a list of user_ids and i need to fetch all its profile information for every single id on the list, is there a way to achieve this goal using the API?

icon

Best answer by Saish Redkar 14 October 2022, 16:58

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Winicius Oliveira 

There are 2 endpoints where you can query data on a user_id

• The User Activity endpoint from the Dashboard REST API
  • User Profile API

The user activity one will give you all the recent user properties on that id as seen in the user profile lookup in the UI, whereas the user profile API can give you more detailed info like the user’s cohort ids, computations/recommendations,etc in addition to the user properties.

Hope this helps.

Hey @Winicius Oliveira 

There are 2 endpoints where you can query data on a user_id

• The User Activity endpoint from the Dashboard REST API
  • User Profile API

The user activity one will give you all the recent user properties on that id as seen in the user profile lookup in the UI, whereas the user profile API can give you more detailed info like the user’s cohort ids, computations/recommendations,etc in addition to the user properties.

Hope this helps.

@Saish Redkar Is there a way to do this passing a list of ids? i’m afraid that calling the endpoint user by user will exceed my request limit

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@Winicius Oliveira 

I haven’t come across any such endpoints yet which accept a list of user IDs for that purpose. I remember writing a script to do something similar and used to frequently run into request limits.