Does anyone know how to get around this bug - “[Amplitude] RangeError: Maximum call stack size exceeded”?

Userlevel 1
Badge

When trying to log events using flutter web deployed with firebase hosting I am receiving an error that prevents all events from being logged:

- “[Amplitude] RangeError: Maximum call stack size exceeded”

I don’t think this my fault because the event logging was working fine when I ran the site locally. The errors started upon deploying to firebase hosting.

Please share any advice for working around this error. Thank you.

12 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Thanks for reporting this bug @Alex Damis. I’ll loop in the team who can investigate further.

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Hello @Alex Damis hope you are doing well!

What version of the Flutter SDK are you running? If it’s not the most recent version would you be able to update? Here is a list of versions: https://github.com/amplitude/Amplitude-Flutter/releases.

Can you show a screenshot of the error? Is it happening on logEvent()?

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thank you for reaching out!

Yes, I am using the most current version and yes it is happening on logEvent().

I’ll need to redeploy my amplitude branch. I’ll give you all the required information by this time tomorrow at the latest.👍

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Thank you @Alex Damis! Keep us posted as you work towards a solution here! 😁

Userlevel 1
Badge

The bottom line is the error when deployed (with firebase hosting, if that matters).

Userlevel 1
Badge

This is the bug in flutter web debug mode

@Amplitude Admin @Jeremie Gluckman 

Hope this helps shed some light on the bug. let me know if theres anything else I can do to help.

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Thank you @Alex Damis I’ll make sure that the team who handles bug reports gets eyes on this.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hello @Alex Damis thank you so much for the useful information!

I am going to take some time to look into the bug further and get the necessary personnel involved on my end. I will get back to you once I have an update!

Userlevel 1
Badge

Let me know if there is anything else you need from me like my code. Happy to help!

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Hey @Alex Damis, How are you? Closing the loop here. Were you able to resolve the issue with the team?

Userlevel 1
Badge

@Amplitude Admin No, still waiting on a fix from the team.

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Got it! Thanks for the update. Keep us posted!