Solved

Distribution of propert values in increasing intervals

• 16 March 2023
  • 6 replies

hi, I want to plot properties of an event in a histogram with increasing intervals.

The properties span a huge range (file sizes), but most of them are smaller. I still want to group the bigger ones.

E.g. from 0-1 MB, 1-10, 10-100, 100-1000, 1000-10000 etc.

Is this somehow possible automatically, or do I have to create many events with filters?

icon

Best answer by Saish Redkar 17 March 2023, 16:43

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi @kornelius. One option here is that you could create a Derived Property from your file size event property…using some nested IF statements in that, you should be able to craft your own custom size buckets (1-10, etc) to meet your need. Documentation is here…

https://help.amplitude.com/hc/en-us/articles/360058731292-Derived-properties-Add-new-event-and-user-properties-retroactively

Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately I do not have the Govern addon :( 

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

It’s called “Data” in the top navigation bar now

No luck here :(

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Seems the feature is for Enterprise tier customers only….so I’d guess you’re not on that tier. If you are and it’s still not displayed, have a chat with your CSM.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@kornelius 

Agree with Dan here - derived props would have been a breeze for bucketing custom sizes.
We had a similar event capturing file sizes back when derived properties weren’t available yet and used the Distribution of Property Value metric in a segmentation chart for this sort of analysis.

If you don’t have access to derived props, here’s what you could do alternatively to partially address your use case

This might help to some extent if not fully.