Solved

Connecting Amplitude App to Shopify Plus not working

• 10 November 2022
  • 16 replies

Hi there! I’ve been trying for months to connect Amplitude to my Shopify Plus account. The first time I tried it says that I needed to have a billing account in Australia or other countries (nevertheless the person I spoke with at Amplitude said that it did work in Spain). I’ve tried again now but it now says that Amplitude is not published in the Shopify’s App Store. Hope someone can help me?

Cheers!

icon

Best answer by timothy-permutable 11 November 2022, 08:42

View original

16 replies

Badge +10

Hi @Carmen !

I can also see Amplitude have taken down their app. Maybe they are updating or rethinking it.

Shopify have made an update which makes it quite easy to send Shopify data to Amplitude using a custom app. I already have such an app running so if Amplitude can’t help you get their app running you can let me know if you’d like me to install the same custom app on your store :)

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Carmen,

I believe we have taken down this app for now as there was authentication issues with it. I believe we have plans to put it back up once we have the resources to make the necessary changes that Spotify asked of. Let me look into this for you and I will get back to you.

Kind Regards,

Denis

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

@Carmen , I am currently discussing this internally and will update you once I have any information or updates. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Carmen  ,

The Spotify Application should be back online and available for you to use. Can you confirm this? Thank you!

Kind Regards,
Denis

Badge

Hello Denis,
It still does not work for Spain. I wanted to test how Amplitude works but all my current customers use Shopify and are in Spain.😅

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hello @Manu ,

Can you confirm if it does work for you in other regions? As I am suspecting this might be an issue with integration of it as I do not see any other customers reporting these issues. Can you confirm it works in other regions?

Kind Regards,
Denis

Badge

Hi Denis,

I am looking for information about whether anyone in Spain has had the same problem. If I find anything I'll let you know, in the meantime I'm sending this to you.

I show you a couple of screenshots

this one explains that it is only compatible in these countries

This app is not compatible with your shop

Amplitude is only compatible with shops that:

Have a business address in any of these countries: Australia, United Kingdom, United States, Canada, Japan, Brazil, Singapore, Germany, or India.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Thank you @Manu ! I am currently reaching out internally about this. I will update you when I hear back from the Engineers. 

Badge

perfect, thank you @Denis Holmes 

Thank you @Manu ! I am currently reaching out internally about this. I will update you when I hear back from the Engineers. 

Hi Denis, this is what’s happening to us. We’re based in Spain and we cannot use Amplitude for the same reason as @Manu 

Hope you can get an answer from the team soon.

Cheers!

Carmen

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Manu & @Carmen ,

I have just checked with my colleague and verified we do not currently support EU in our Shopify App. If you have a US Amplitude account, you can install it via US Shopify. Otherwise, you cannot use it from the EU Domain. However, you can always leverage our existing Ampli SDKs and HTTPs to instrument it yourself if needed.

I understand this may not be an ideal resolution but I hope one of the above can help you!

Kind Regards,
Denis

Hi @Denis Holmes , sorry to add to this thread. I am also having issues connecting Shopify.

I have put the snippet as per the instructions, but when I put my API key, it gives me the following error. Have no idea what to do but would like to start using AMPL asap!

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

@tokyostationpens hi! Can you confirm you are using a US Domain Amplitude account and a US Shopify account? Thank you! If you are and it is still not working, please PM me your Org ID and Project ID. Thank you! 

Thank you @Denis Holmes . I am not on the EU domain for Amplitude, so I think it is the US domain. As for the Shopify account, I am not sure how to check whether it is a US Shopify account or not, but the store is in Japan and I am selling in JPY. Let me PM you my Org ID and Project ID!

Hi @Denis Holmes ,

I’m having the same issue as @tokyostationpens from a store based in Australia.

if Shopify can’t be chosen as a 3rd Party Tool in the Project, which SDK/API details should be used?

@timothy-permutable 

We’re looking into creating a custom Shopify app to replace our existing `checkout.liquid` customizations. We’re currently using amplitude JS, but as this is a browser-based library expecting the usual suite of browser APIs, we’re concerned this tool may no longer be compatible with Shopify’s new highly controlled sandbox environment. 

We’re still investigating what’s possible. If your app is compatible with Extensibility, we would love any documentation or methods you may have used to accomplish this.