Charts opened from filtered dashboards no longer preserve filters (9/14/23)

• 14 September 2023
  • 0 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Clicking on (opening) charts from filtered dashboards no longer preserves the filter from the dashboard. Is this a new permanent feature or a temporary bug? 

My process for reviewing new version rollouts for our Android app looks something like this: 

1. Create a dashboard with dozens of charts grouped by version, that monitors the health of all the app’s features. 
  2. Create a dashboard parameter filter that tracks a stable build and a few of the newest beta versions, for example, only showing versions 1.78, 1.87, and 1.88. 
  3. Check the dashboard on a daily basis to see how the newest beta builds are performing. 
  4. Open all charts that indicate the newest builds are underperforming to dig deeper into why they are behaving anomalously.
    1. Until today: The charts would display the three versions from the dashboard filter. 
    2. Starting today: The charts show 20+ versions, so I need to re-add the filter for every chart. 

M​​​​aybe there’s a better way to be doing this app release review(?), but for now, the new feature/bug is slowing me down a bit. 

Thanks! 

Dashboard Set Up

Click on chart today

Clicked on chart yesterday

0 replies

Be the first to reply!