Solved

Change the currency symbol in Amplitude (change from $ to € ).

• 8 May 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

Hi,

I’m currently trying to find the way of changing currency. I already converted the data to EUR before sending to Amplitude but the default currency is USD ($). Also, I tried to send the price value which included the  € symbol as “€30” for example (although the price type in revenue interface is Double, not String). That revenue event was sent to the Amplitude.  But when comes to the Revenue LTV charts, it seems that revenue event is not updated and synced on the chart and the currency does not update. 

It seems that this issue related to these posts: 

I wonder if you guys have any updates for this feature.

Any answers will be appreciated!

Thanks a lot!

icon

Best answer by Yuanyuan Zhang 26 June 2023, 21:11

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

This currently isn’t possible @toni familyinmusic, I’ve posed exactly the same question in recent months regarding being able to display revenue metrics in £.

I’ve been in close touch with Amplitude on this via our CSM…have been told £ should be getting released in the next week or two. I don’t know whether € (and other currency symbols) is being included too, though it wouldn’t surprise me if it is.

Badge

It will be nice if the £ will be released in the next couples of weeks! If possible, can you ping me when this feature is released? Thanks so much for the information 😁!

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

@dangrainger @toni familyinmusic 

Update on the feature: 

By default, the currency sign we display in the dashboard is the dollar sign, "$". BUT NOW, managers and admins can modify the unit of currency displayed for a particular project. You can change this display under Organizational settings > Projects > Currency Display. Please check this doc for more information: https://help.amplitude.com/hc/en-us/articles/15581410157339

NOTE: Changing the currency display does not modify nor convert the underlying data. This does not convert the revenue, but change the currency display symbol.