[Building a funnel chart] Event count is 0

Badge

Hey there, have a pretty newbie question I guess but I fail to find an answer for it on my own:

So I’m trying to visualise a simple funnel, with 2 steps:

1. Page Created;
2. Page Published.

The second step represents how many unique pages were published by our users. Now, regardless of the settings like: “completed within” or any other options that I can modify, like “Unique users” or “Totals”, it always shows me 0 in the amount of the second step.

If I remove the first step and step 2 becomes step 1 - I see thousands of it in volume. How should I approach this issue?

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi @Master Yurii,

Although the labels on your chart say PageCreated for Step 1 and PagePublished for Step 2, it looks like the events are actually TrialStarted for Step 1 and PageCreated for Step 2. I’m not sure if this was intentional, but this could be why you’re not seeing any passthrough to Step 2? Does TrialStarted typically occur before PageCreated?

Badge

Sorry, there’s a wrong screenshot, although Trial started also occurs before PageCreated step. Here’s the right one:

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Thanks, @Master Yurii! 😃 Were you able to make progress? There’s a lot of great content in this community to explore. Please keep us posted if you need any additional support. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Hi @Master Yurii,

Although the labels on your chart say PageCreated for Step 1 and PagePublished for Step 2, it looks like the events are actually TrialStarted for Step 1 and PageCreated for Step 2. I’m not sure if this was intentional, but this could be why you’re not seeing any passthrough to Step 2? Does TrialStarted typically occur before PageCreated?

Thanks for helping here @SheenaGreen!