Solved

Are custom event properties removed from the chart filter option?

• 21 April 2023
  • 7 replies

Badge +2

I am not able to filter out charts data based on event properties (custom properties) from quite some time now. Only some of the default event properties are available and I can see all of the user properties.

icon

Best answer by Mridul Sharma 5 May 2023, 19:22

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @Mridul Sharma hope you’re doing well! 👋 Do you mind sharing a bit more about which event properties and data sources these might be coming from? A screenshot (DM is totally fine) would be helpful before I escalate this to the eng team. 🙏

Badge +2

Hi @Esther Trapadoux,

A week before I was able to filter out my charts based on the event properties. But, for some reason it's not available for filtering right now. I haven’t changed anything in the existing charts, so, I am sharing the screenshots here.

This is a new segmentation chart. I can’t see the event properties up here. Only the user properties are available for filtering.
You can clearly see here that the event property ‘orgName’ is available. Only some of the default event properties are present for selection during chart creation.

Here is the screenshot of a chart which I created a week ago and you can see that I am filtering based on the event property here.
Userlevel 5
Badge +8

@Mridul Sharma thanks for the screenshots! You’re right, something doesn’t look like. And you’re in the same environment across all of the screenshots. I’ll open a ticket and file this bug. 🐛 Question for you, where is this data coming from? I know you had some issues with Snowflake earlier, is this data also coming from Snowflake?

Badge +2

@Esther Trapadoux The snowflake issue that I was having is resolved now. And, the data is not coming from Snowflake, its directly emitted from the application itself. I have two separate sources setup for event emission. Some of the events are emitted from the server side via HTTP API and the others from the client side (React application) through the Browser SDK.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Mridul Sharma ! Happy to help here :) 

The ability to filter for event properties is a feature on our paid plans (Enteprise, Growth, Plus) and Scholarship program given that it provides Growth features for free for a year. 

If you no longer see this functionality, then it’s likely due to a change in your plan type. I checked in the backend and it looks like your plan type is now Starter. Do you recall whether it has been a year since you joined the Scholarship program? 

Badge +2

Hi @belinda.chiu

Thank you for your response. Yes, the plan was recently dropped. I was perplexed as to why this was happening all of a sudden. Because it isn't a critical necessity, I'll filter the charts using user properties for the time being.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Mridul Sharma - glad to hear that you found a workaround and that you enjoyed the Scholarship program! If you are interested in this feature and thereby one of the paid plan options, let me know and I can connect you with the right team for next steps.