Solved

Analysing unordered "Getting Started" steps

• 16 June 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge +10

This question is about methodology - rather than searching for a specific feature.

I’m analysing the “getting started” steps of an app, and those steps can be done in any order. I want to look at progression through the steps.

I know the funnel chart has “any order” but that on its own is not what I’m looking for. I want to understand progression and different sequences.

I have some ideas but they are fairly complex so I would love to hear how others usually tackle this?

icon

Best answer by Denis Holmes 17 June 2022, 10:20

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @timothy-permutable ,

Thanks for writing in! I would automatically choose Funnel Analysis but I see that’s not what you need. In that case, my suggestion would be Pathfinder chart. Amplitude's Pathfinder chart lets you explore aggregated user flows within your product. Pathfinder shows all the events (also called nodes) users fire in your product, and the sequences of those events (also called paths) that users take during a specified time, measured by event totals.

We also have the pathfinder users chart here. Amplitude's Pathfinder Users chart shows you the "paths" your users are taking through your product. Just specify an event you're interested in, and Amplitude will tell you the steps your users took to get there, or the events they fired afterwards. 

You can also use the engagement matrix chart.With Amplitude's Engagement Matrix chart, you can develop a better understanding of the high-level pattern of feature engagement in your product, by breadth and frequency. 

I hope this helps!

Kind Regards,
Denis