Solved

All Amplitude IDs should be integers. Please confirm that the file only contains valid Amplitude IDs and no extra columns or characters.

• 29 February 2024
  • 3 replies

Badge

Hi everyone :)

I’ve tried reading:

But I don’t know what’s wrong.

I’ve extracted the list of Amplitude IDs from a Funnel, copied and pasted them on a csv, and .txt files with nothing more than the numbers (no commas, nada). Just line by line, and the platform rejects it. 

Any ideas why?

icon

Best answer by JennRu 2 March 2024, 18:39

View original

3 replies

Badge

As a workaround, you can do:

1. Create Cohort
  2. User Cohort
  3. Define my own
  4. Then, format each of the entries with a comma separated value.
  5. Select where ID set contains

Copy and then paste on the freeform and select all.

Wrap all of your IDs in quotes and commas
Select them all, and copy to the clipboard

Set contains

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi @jose.asilis , 

Great workaround proposal, I would just recommend to use the = logic rather than set contains. If there’s a case that a user’s ID = 123 and another user’s ID = 123456, but you only want to include user 123 in your cohort, the = would be the most strict condition to yield the exact list of IDs that are in your list.

For your original CSV file attempt, 

1. Was there a row header in the CSV file? Make sure to remove any headers from the file
  2. Were the Amplitude IDs shown in scientific notation in the CSV file? If yes, convert these values to a custom number with no decimals. 

Then the CSV import should work. 

As an additional suggestion, you can build a dynamic cohort directly from a funnel analysis chart. And if you want to restrict the cohort to a specific date range, you can edit the dates in the cohort to an exact interval, rather than a rolling interval.

Either way, your workaround proposal works just as well (just modifying set contains to = 

But let me know if this helps if you ever retry CSV imported cohorts.

Badge

Thanks Jen 🤗.

I’ll check it out next time I’m tinkering with the analytics section!

I did have all of my headers removed, and I had the csv file opened with quotes, and without quotes.

I’ll format it through Excel first and see if it works out!

Thanks for the heads up!