2023 Update: Amplitude is renewing its certificate

• 27 January 2023
  • 0 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

On Saturday February 18th, 2023 at 8AM PT, we will be renewing a certificate used for api.amplitude.com and analytics.amplitude.com domains. We are only updating our end-entity certificate without any changes to our intermediate or root certificates. For the vast majority of situations, we do not expect any impact with sending data to Amplitude or using Amplitude Analytics.

How do I know if I’m impacted?

To understand if you are impacted, please reach out to your team responsible for your Amplitude implementation (e.g. IT, Engineering, team who handles the Amplitude SDK) and send them the information present in this post.

Have your team review the following information and if you answer yes to either of the two points below, then you are impacted.

• Your systems trusts only the current Amplitude end-entity certificate that is expiring on February 28th, 2023

• Your systems pin the entire certificate chain

The above scenarios are very uncommon and most users will not require action from this change.

Additionally, you are not impacted and no action is required if you answer yes to any of the following:

• Amplitude SDKs are used to send data to Amplitude

• SSL Pinning is not used at all

What should I do if I am impacted?

We have attached the new certificate we will using during the February 18th, 2023 maintenance. Please give this to the team responsible for your Amplitude implementation (e.g. IT, Engineering) so that they can make sure to trust the new certificate.

0 replies

Be the first to reply!