Solved

Cannot change the session definition

• 20 December 2023
  • 2 replies

Hello there,

Originally posted as a response to this question, but I am creating a new one since it has already been marked as resolved.

When I go to Settings > Organization Settings > Projects > Session Definition, it only lets me define the session property but not the start/end event or the timeout minutes.

I'm on the Starter Plan. I have Admin privileges. I'm not applying for the scholarship.

Any reason why I don't see these settings in modal?

Best,

Yamato

icon

Best answer by Saish Redkar 20 December 2023, 23:55

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @yamato 

From that earlier resolved question, it appears that you need to be on a plan that is higher than the Starter Plan to be able to make edits using timeout minutes and start/ending event.

That part of Session Definition seems to be limited to only higher plans, although their session documentation doesn’t mention this anywhere.

Maybe you can raise a ticket to Support via https://support.amplitude.com/ to get further clarification.

Thanks for your answer @Saish Redkar

Yes, that was my first guess. But looking at the original question, it seems possible for free users too.

While I was on the free plan I changed the definition to timeout after 15mins, it was working fine

I probably should submit a ticket to support. Thank you!