Solved

How can I view screen/ event view time in the report?

• 18 January 2023
  • 6 replies

Badge

While applying the filter for events, the report gives the tap count/ view count for the screen/ event. However, instead of tap count. I want to view the time for which user has been on any particular screen.

Example: Dashboard screen view is an event, and users have visited this page for 2 hr in a day and tapped for about 120 times during the day. When filter is applied for usertype = ABC & event name= Dashboard screen view, this gives tap count say 90, however, I would like to see, page view time say

1.2 hr.

I have tried this with ‘Segmentation’ and ‘User sessions’ both. 

How can I achieve the same ?

icon

Best answer by Jeremie Gluckman 19 January 2023, 02:12

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Thanks for reaching out here @Dimple B. I was able to find this thread that might help. Please keep us posted if you need anything else. 

Badge

Thank you @Jeremie Gluckman, however, we’re unable to achieve the result with the solution provided above. We are using Amplitude over a year now and the use case that we want to achieve is critical to business. I would appreciate if your support team can connect with us to discuss and resolve it asap.

I have emailed details on contact@amplitude.com, and I am looking forward to reply from Amplitude team.

Best,

Dimple 

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Thanks for following up @Dimple B. I’ll make sure to also share this with our customer support agents who can take a closer look. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @Dimple B

Are your events coming in with a session ID? A user session chart seems to be the best option if your sessions are showing up in a user’s event stream.

But this solution won’t be useful if you want to look at total time/average time spent on just one particular page.

The best bet is capturing the time spent property on every page view event and then using custom formula on that property to get your desired metric.

Badge

Thanks for following up @Dimple B. I’ll make sure to also share this with our customer support agents who can take a closer look. 

Thank you @Jeremie Gluckman , I would appreciate if we get assistance soon!

Badge

Hi @Dimple B

Are your events coming in with a session ID? A user session chart seems to be the best option if your sessions are showing up in a user’s event stream.

But this solution won’t be useful if you want to look at total time/average time spent on just one particular page.

The best bet is capturing the time spent property on every page view event and then using custom formula on that property to get your desired metric.

hi Satish,

We’re capturing screens as event and we're starting and ending session when user navigating to different screens. Example- Screens: Dashboard and notification

When user is navigating from notification to Dashboard, we’re ending session for notification and starting session for dashboard and so on.  We’re able to get the count, however, we require the time user is spending on each screen individually. 

I hope this helps!

Is there any formula, we can use to achieve this ? I would appreciate if you can help with the custom formula for the same.

Thanks much!