Solved

How to update charts upon Saved Segments update?

• 5 February 2021
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello, I have 50+ charts using different segments such as:

• new users
  • registered users
  • premium users
  • churned users

I need to update the definition of these segments, but it doesn’t update the charts - I don’t know if it’s a bug of the Amplitude designers want me to manually update 50+ all day long :thinking:

Is there any solution?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Alberto Toledo 8 February 2021, 13:17

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @JoeKDoe 
Yes. This is one of my current pain points as well and it’s been there for a while now. :confused:

Updating the definition of saved segments won’t update the charts that were created using the previous definition. 
The only workaround I found was to recreate those user segments as user cohorts. Charts built using these cohorts will be updated accordingly whenever you change the cohort definition.

Hope this helps!

Userlevel 1
Badge

It’s such a pain to have charts that are not updated when segments are...

I don’t have access to cohort. Is there a way to update all the charts using the Amplitude APIs?

Badge

Hello, I have 50+ charts using different segments such as:

• new users
  • registered users
  • premium users
  • churned users

I need to update the definition of these segments, but it doesn’t update the charts - I don’t know if it’s a bug of the Amplitude designers want me to manually update 50+ all day long :thinking:

Is there any solution?

Thanks

Same issue here.

We would find really helpful a Dynamic Saved Segment that could be automatically updated in all the charts it´s beeing used.

Userlevel 1
Badge

I hope the amplitude team is reading this :grinning:

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Just found this in their help article

Userlevel 1
Badge

Ok so it’s not a bug. But it doesn’t help.

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Hey @JoeKDoe  ,

Dynamically updating saved user segments across saved charts or via an API call is currently not possible in Amplitude.

The workaround for such a use case would indeed be the use of our cohorts feature, @Saish Redkar, thanks for suggesting this.

One of the reasons we launched the community is to use it as a platform to collect product feedback. I am going to share this with our product team. I'm looking to launch our product feedback feature in the community so our members can vote on common requests that we can then bring back to our team.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @daniel.balan  

That’d be really awesome - a feedback/feature request space in the community!