Solved

Ampli pull error for non-admin users

• 4 April 2023
  • 4 replies

When users from our org run `ampli pull` for a specific project it returns:

✘ Pulling version 24 (latest)✘ ERROR An unexpected error occurred. Our team has been notified, but you can also reach us anytime

The user successfully runs `ampli login` but then the command `pull` fails with the message above. It happens regardless of the user being a Viewer, Member or Manager. The only way it works is making the user an Admin which is not ideal for obvious reasons.

Can you help please?

icon

Best answer by Jeremie Gluckman 11 April 2023, 20:12

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Thanks for posting here @petecorreia. Were you able to make progress? There are a few ways you can troubleshoot. First, verify that the user has the necessary permissions to access and modify the project. Also, double-check your network connection and try to run the command again from another device. If none of these do the trick let me know and I can get some additional support.

Hi @Jeremie Gluckman, thanks for the reply. We’re new to Amplitude and we’ve tried all available roles that aren’t admin (Viewer, Member, Manager) on that user for the specific project and no luck. Also we’re sure it’s not a connectivity as we’ve triple checked. Is there anything else we should check? Thank you for the support

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Thanks for following up @petecorreia I’ll escalate this to our support team who can help out. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

@petecorreia I’m closing the loop here. Our engineering team is looking into the issue.