Solved

Removing a data source

• 12 April 2023
  • 6 replies

We’ve connected Tribe as a data source but we’re moving off of that platform, and in the meantime that data is messing with some of our charts. How do we remove Tribe as a data source?

icon

Best answer by Esther Trapadoux 21 April 2023, 15:27

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @brittany-guava 

If you have added Tribe as a data source via the Data interface, then usually there is a delete icon ( top right )once you open your data source from the Sources page.

All the historical event data ingested via Tribe will not be impacted.

This is what I see

Clicking on the info icon takes me to a help page

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I imagined this would be your case since I’m also seeing similar issue.

I don’t see the delete button in some of the data sources which I added via Legacy Data Sources UI, but do see this button in some mock sdk sources which I added for testing in Data.

@Amplitude Adminmight help route this to Support to help understand what’s the expected behavior.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

@brittany-guava thanks for writing in, I’m checking on this with our support team. @Saish Redkar thank you always for your help troubleshooting!!

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hey all! I’m having the same issue where I also can’t delete a data source. This is what I see! Will stay tuned to this thread for updates. Thanks!

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

@brittany-guava @Esha Hi! Question for you, have you already ingested data from these sources (Tribe or Mailchimp)? If so, the source cannot be removed from a project. The reason you cannot delete sources is that once a source has been used to ingest data to a project, that source makes up some of the data in the project and thus will always count as a source for the project.

If you'd like a source disabled you should stop sending data to the Amplitude project and remove the Amplitude API key from your instrumentation to ensure data will no longer continue to be ingested from that source.

That said, I am happy to file a feature request for this functionality on your behalf. I just need a few more details to file a feature request. For example, what would this functionality help you achieve?