Solved

Missing/corrupt user property

• 9 February 2023
  • 2 replies

Our company has using Data/Analytics with our web app for several months. We have a custom user property 'organisationId', however last week we noticed it has been removed from our tracking plan without any action taken on our part. It does not appear in the list of user properties in the tracking plan, and is not being recorded in user events, despite the property still being posted by the client.

​​​​​
Example of organisationId being sent by the client (inspected with the Amplitude chrome extension on a production environment)

If I try to recreate the user property, I receive the message "Unable to save property. Unable to add property organisationId because it already exists.

The activity log will also not load so I cannot check to see if there were any changes I'm unaware of.

How can I restore the user property? Can we restore the property on all the events that have been logged in the interim?

icon

Best answer by belinda.chiu 16 February 2023, 18:56

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Thanks for reaching out @mattatticus I’ll make sure this gets on the team’s radar. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @mattatticus ! Thanks for reaching out and happy to help! 

It looks like your organisationId has been deleted. To restore the property, go to Data → Properties → User Properties → Add Filter → Status = Blocked and Deleted. 

You should then see the property listed and you can simply select the property to restore! 

Unfortunately if a property is deleted, then data will not be collected on that property during the period of deletion. To help you identify what happened, when you click on that property, you should be able to see the Activity tab for this particular property. Note for the future that Admins can see Pending Changes in the Activity Log before saving the Tracking Plan.