Solved

Is it possible to remove "Page" name in the page event?

• 4 November 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge

Hello,

We are integrating Amplitude through Segment. Since I have updated the Amplitude destination, the page event arrive on Amplitude with the name “Page”. I cannot find if it’s possible to remove it.

Thanks for your help.

Kévin

icon

Best answer by Yuanyuan Zhang 7 November 2022, 12:42

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hi @Kévin André

Thank you for reaching out!

It is possible to change the display name of an event: https://help.amplitude.com/hc/en-us/articles/5078778423579#change-an-event%E2%80%99s-display-name. Changing an event display name is a change that is query-side, so this will not change the event name in the raw data and the event will remain as the original name in your raw exports. 

Is this along the line of what you are looking for? Please let me know.

Best, 

Badge

Hello @Yuanyuan Zhang , thanks for your feedback.

It’s not my current issue. 

Let’s take an example: when I track on segment the name of my page will be “Homepage Viewed”. Before I change the destination in Segment (the old destination Amplitude), the name appear like I sent it “Homepage Viewed”.

Since I updated the destination with the new destination (Amplitude (Actions)), it adds automatically in Amplitude “Page” at the end. So I have “Homepage Viewed Page”. It does that for all my page event, so all my events in my different dashboard are KO :( 

Thanks for your help,

Kévin

Badge

My bad, the “Page” was added on the old destination. Sorry for that.

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

No worries at all! Thanks for letting me know! @Kévin André