Skip to main content
Question

Implementation of Amplitude

• 17 June 2024
  • 2 replies

Hi there!

I’m wondering about a method of Amplitude implementation. I know that it’s possible to implement Amplitude via Google Tag Manager, which would be my preferred option due to the ease of adding any events and using dataLayer, where we already store data for advertising tracking. I started to wonder if there are any downsides to implementing Amplitude through GTM. An additional piece of info is that the web product is written with React or Vue, so it’s basically an SPA.

Please let me know if you have considered this scenario and what your conclusions were. I’m mostly wondering about the caveats or downsides of using GTM for Amplitude implementation.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @Przemyslaw Majos 

There are several other ways of instrumenting Amplitude for your SPA, but it really depends on the kind of existing setup you have and the ease of implementation.

If you have an existing GA setup where in the Amplitude GTM template makes it easier to manage your event tracking, then definitely try to setup a POC in a test project. You can monitor your events from an accuracy and trigger ready perspective and evaluate this setup.

Browser SDK can be another way if you have resources to implement and maintain that. There could be cases wherein some of the event metrics might not match given the nature of ingestion setup, but these caveats are always part of any implementation.

Hey @Saish Redkar 

Thanks for answering, and providing that context! 

Have you discovered any caveats regarding the Amplitude implementation through GTM?