I stopped receiving events from new users

• 25 March 2022
  • 5 replies

Badge

Hello everybody,

Today since 7 in the morning, I stopped receiving events from new users, I have tried to create several charts and in all of them it appears as zero, however when I placing the property of any user it throws me events without any problem.

Does anybody know what is it due to?

Attached you will find an image.

Chart with “new user property

Chart with any user property:

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @IamAlexander ! Welcome to the Amplitude Community and I’m happy to help! 👋

To confirm, do you know that you have new users during the time period that dropped to 0? If you’re not sure how to check this, I recommend going to the Any chart (the 2nd chart you screenshotted), click on the 12pm data point for example, see user streams, and check if any of those users who appear on the data point were new in the same hour that the event was performed. 

If you did find a user who came in for the first time at 12pm, can you send that user url or screenshot over? 

Essentially if you actually have new users, the chart could be signaling that there is something wrong with the New query. But if you don’t have new users, then the chart would reflect the actual count and perhaps all of your users who did the event were returning users. 

Let me know what you find!

Badge

Hello @belinda.chiu thank you for your answer.

I think is an amplitude Bug, because now when I place the same dates range I have new users.

Attached you will find the same data range with the same data 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @IamAlexander - thanks for sharing this with me! I did notice that the screenshots are not the same however. Your first screenshot is an Event Segmentation chart while your 2nd screenshot is Funnel chart. They do operate differently so just wanted to double check with you that you are using the same charts? Can you check on an Event Segmentation chart what the counts look like now? 

Badge

Both are segmentation but in the first screenshot I only add the unique events, and in second screenshot I use a formula to get the the conversion rate.

I think is a bug, when I change de data range sometimes appear in 0 and sometimes with data, I always have new Useres because actually I have paid traffic from Facebook, Google and Tiktok.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

@IamAlexander Thanks for confirming that you are using Event Segmentation chart for both of the screenshots! I’ll go ahead and transfer this over to a Support ticket so that the Support team can investigate further and file a bug if needed. We will reach back out over the Support ticket!