Solved

Event Types Limits

• 8 April 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hello!

I recently joined a team that has been sending data to Amplitude for several years. Over those years it seems that nobody managed or heavily used the account. I’m trying to get our account into shape so that our product team can leverage Amplitude.

The issue that I am running into is that we were over the 2,000 event type limit.

The first thing I did was go to Data (formerly Govern) and delete event types that haven’t been used in 2+ years. So now the Data tab shows we have ~1100 event types.

But the account still shows that we are over the 2k limit and it doesn’t seem that new event types are showing up.

I deleted the event types 5 days ago.

This other thread discusses a similar problem, but there isn’t clear guidance on how long it may take for the counts to reset and new event types to begin flowing again.

icon

Best answer by eddie.gaona 8 April 2022, 20:14

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hello @chrisr , welcome aboard Amplitude! Glad to hear that you are leveraging Amplitude Data.

In order for changes that are done in Amplitude Data to reflect in the Analytics product you will have to publish the changes and make them official on the main branch. Once the changes are published Analytics and Data will sync.

Hope this helps!

Badge

@eddie.gaona Thank you! I have published all of my updates but the event counts don’t seem to be synced to Analytics.