Solved

Error creating Destination

• 18 January 2023
  • 7 replies

I am trying to create a destination with the Latern application. (Lantern’s instruction video here)

When I follow the steps, I get an error message that says “Failed to create sync.  Please try again or contact support.”

Has anyone else run into this issue?

icon

Best answer by tjrandall 23 January 2023, 17:50

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Thanks for reaching out @tjrandall Here’s more information about destinations in our developer center. Please keep us posted if the error persists. 

Thank you @Jeremie Gluckman

I’ve forwarded the Amplitude Latern doc to the Latern team, to see if there is something missing in my Latern acccout / webhook API / etc.

Otherwise, I suspect it may be an Amplitude permissions issue?

Thank you again for your response!

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Thank you! I’m glad that doc helped. I’ll loop in the support team to take a closer look at permissions.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi and thanks Jeremie for the help. To confirm did Lantern give a response and resolve this or would you like us to check the permissions on our end?

Thank you @sydney.koh  and @Jeremie Gluckman - I had someone else in my org add the destination without error.  Probably a permissions thing, but looks like it’s all set.  Thank you both for your help!!

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi glad to hear it worked!  You are correct in our documentation, only Manager or Admin can add and edit data sources and data destinations. 

Best,

Sydney

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Great @tjrandall So glad this worked out! 😃