Solved

Using Amplitude to track growth metrics (CAC) with paid acquisition channels

• 25 February 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi There,

I am trying to set up our KPI dashboard as we start acquiring customer and grow.

I really want to incorporate our marketing spend, particularly from our paid search channels, our primary one being facebook.

Does anyone know how to achieve this in amplitude?

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by Saish Redkar 28 February 2021, 02:52

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @alli.braith 
That's a really interesting use case.
Currently, I don't think there is a native integration in Amplitude to directly ingest Facebook data via any of its listed Sources. You can read more about them here.  

Segment could be a possible solution to achieve this. I haven't done a deep dive into the actual implementation here, but there are Cloud Apps sources for both Facebook Ads and Facebook Lead Ads based on what kind of data you are trying to pull eventually into Amplitude .

I'm assuming some of the marketing spend data you are interested in would live as user properties in Amplitude ? I know they have an Attribution API which might help in some cases.

You can also try building your KPI dashboards outside of Amplitude by bringing together the raw data export from Amplitude and your marketing spend data in a data warehouse.

Hope this helps!

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

@Saish Redkar  thank you for helping, that is perfect!

@alli.braith one note I would add here is that Facebook can’t be used as a data source for Amplitude; it currently only works as a destination for behavioral cohorts created in Amplitude.

If you can find a way to export the Facebook data, you could send it over to Amplitude via our HTTP API, requiring additional work from your end. As Saish said, it looks like using Segment to send this data to Amplitude might be the best approach here.