Solved

Users who performed an action at "any time" before or after another action

• 20 February 2024
  • 5 replies

Badge

Hello,

I’m trying to create a chart that shows me the users who performed action A either before or after action B, condensed into a singular percentage value. So I think the 100% value would show the total number of users who triggered action B, and the calculated percentage value would show the number of people who also performed action A, but action A can occur at any time, before or after action B. Would this be feasible?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by JennRu 20 February 2024, 22:05

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi @peckerbids it sounds like you can set this up with an event segmentation formula such as this example in the demo org.

Where you set your formula to %: UNIQUES(A) / UNIQUES(B)

where A = event A 

and B = event B

Let me know if this helps

Badge

Thank you, this helps a lot!

Badge

Hey @JennRu, I was wondering, this is considering the number of people who performed A vs. number of people who performed B, right? What I’m looking for is the percentage of people who performed B that also performed A, is this formula correctly considering that?

Thanks!

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi @peckerbids thank you for clarifying! You can add to the segment in the chart that users have performed both events in the last n days or in each chart interval if you’re looking at a weekly/monthly/quarterly view. This way the formula is now including the segment conditions & then calculating the % of users  

Badge

Hi @JennRu, this looks great! Thanks so much!