Solved

PROPMAX

• 13 August 2021
  • 5 replies

Badge

I’m looking for a formula that I would think would be called PROPMAX. 

Where PROPSUM gives you the sum of that property across all users and PROPAVG gives you the average value of the property per event, I want the maximum value of the property recorded on the event.

There must surely be a simple way to do this…?

icon

Best answer by MikkoKarvonen 13 August 2021, 07:29

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

If the maximum value across all the users is what you are looking for (instead of maximum value per user), then event segmentation query with your event, grouped by the event property you are interested in, and formula PERCENTILE(A, 1) will get you what you are looking for.

Badge

This is super helpful, thanks!

We have a product where we’d like to track “high water mark” usage - that is, what was the highest value of xyz for a given user over a given amount of time.

Using this custom formula, as well as a ‘group by User ID,’ we’re now able to look at the max property value per user.

Badge

@konradmoss We are trying to do something really similar; is there a way you were able to consolidate this information across customers? I can create a graph that shows the highest value per customer but I would love to summarize this across customers to see how many customers have a max of 1, 2, 3, etc.

Badge

Hey @belinda.chiu - for the use case outlined by @reandrews above (how many customers have a max event prop value of 1, 2, 3, etc.), would this require a Recommend computation?

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

@konradmoss After thinking over what @reandrews is looking to do, I do agree that it would benefit to make a Recommend computation https://help.amplitude.com/hc/en-us/articles/360060044791 and then apply that computed property as a group by in a User Composition chart! 

@reandrews Please see https://help.amplitude.com/hc/en-us/articles/360060044791 regarding Computations. If you are a paying Amplitude customer, you have access to 5 computations for free.