Solved

Errors with Amplitude ID importing cohorts

• 10 October 2022
  • 4 replies

I am trying to upload cohorts using csv file.

I have customer data that was not on Amplitude. I wanted to use Amplitude cohort analysis so I created Amplitude ID for each customer information randomizing 12 number characters starting with number 4, all are integers. I tried to upload this cohort but got error message of Amplitude ID have to be integers (although mine were integers already).

Can someone help me figure out where the problem is? Please see attached for error snapshot

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by Nehita I. 12 October 2022, 10:44

View original

4 replies

@Amplitude Admin Looping in admin for faster support! Thank you!

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Thank you @Trang Nguyen The team will get back to you soon!😀

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi @Trang Nguyen,

This is Nehita from Amplitude Support, thanks for writing in to the Community! 

I’m sorry to hear that you’re having trouble uploading your cohort. I’ll have to take a look at your file in order to best understand what’s causing the issue, so I’ll contact you directly by e-mail. Apologies for any inconvenience! 

Best,

Nehita

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi again @Trang Nguyen ,

I just read through your post again, can you please confirm if you have created these Amplitude IDs yourself? The cohort upload will only take users who are already on Amplitude; Amplitude IDs are automatically generated when users fire events or get ingested into Amplitude, you will not be able to generate them on your own. You can read more about this here

Please let me know if I’ve understood your post correctly, I look forward to hearing back from you! 

Best,

Nehita