Solved

Calculate average of "Rating" event for all users (but only the latest event of each user)

• 5 September 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hello!

I want to group only the latest event “Rating” of every user by the property “stars”. So, when there are multiple “Rating” events of a user, I just want to use the latest one of the user for the grouping. This should show when a single user rates e.g. 3x 5 stars that I can only see the latest rating once. The goal is to have an average rating calculated for all users and a diagram that shows the distributions of the ratings.

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by ning.chang 8 September 2021, 07:58

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi @Manwo,

You can make use of our event segmentation chart to look up the event “rating”, and apply the group by “star” filter. You can toggle between the Active Events per user view for average rating per active user, and the Properties measured as Distribution view for the distribution of the ratings!

Badge

Hi @ning.chang,

thanks for you reply. 

You can toggle between the Active Events per user view for average rating per active user, and the Properties measured as Distribution view for the distribution of the ratings!

When I use “Properties” → Distribution of Property Value I see all “rating” events. So, when a user rated 4x 5 stars on a single day, then the histogram show all 4 events of this user. What I want instead is just one average value for each user  in the histogram (only 1x 5 stars for this example). Is there a way to do this in Amplitude? I guess I will need “Computations” from “Recommend” but I have not figured out how to show a distribution of these computations since they only show up in the Segments section of Event Segmentation.