Solved

Average purchase amount per user

• 11 March 2024
  • 2 replies

I am looking to calculate average purchase amount per user and split users by a specific threshold. For instance, users with an average purchase amount either above or below $10. I know you can do an average of purchase amount across purchase events as well as ARPU but both of these use aggregates across events/users.

If that isn’t possible then I would likely have to just group users by whether or not they’ve made purchases above $10. 

icon

Best answer by Saish Redkar 12 March 2024, 01:13

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @Ryan Chase 

You can use “sum of property” clause to define your cohort and group users based on the sum of their purchases.

You can also use Computations ( if you have access to that ) to calculate new aggregated properties on the fly - https://help.amplitude.com/hc/en-us/articles/360060044791-Computations-Create-new-user-properties-on-the-fly#01H82NZ2E72N2TTMAFC7C455JV

Hi @Saish Redkar, The ‘total sum of property’ won’t work for my purposes since I am looking to calculate an average over the user purchase history. Seems like computations may be what I’m looking for. Thanks!