Solved

Invalid Event Details

• 26 July 2022
  • 5 replies

We have an event that is working the majority of the time, but there are the occasional “invalid” events coming in as well.

Is there any way for us to view the details of these invalid events? I’d like to be able to see what was sent for these specific events so we can troubleshoot the core issue.

icon

Best answer by Yuanyuan Zhang 29 July 2022, 15:51

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hi @msnyder

Thank you for reaching out! 

"invalid" means that the event or property doesn’t match your current tracking plan. You can read more about how we validate data here: https://help.amplitude.com/hc/en-us/articles/5078870942363

I hope this helps!

Thanks for the reply, @Yuanyuan Zhang! I definitely understand what ‘invalid’ means, but I was looking for a way to explore the actual invalid event itself to see what was sent so that I can see where it’s straying from our current tracking plan. 

What I was looking for was something equivalent to the Event Stream where I could see the event and associated properties so that I can address the issue a bit easier. Does that make sense?

Hi @Yuanyuan Zhang and @msnyder I am running into the same issue. We have an event that is flagged as invalid coming from segment, and I am curious what is wrong with the event - ie what data tags are missing etc. so we can fix it

Was there any result here?

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Thanks for circling back @benflock. Here’s more information on set up and how to manage your tracking plan in our Help Center. And we found this related thread below that might help as you continue to make progress. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

@benflock Did you add this event to the tracking plan?