Skip to main content

Implementing event tracking is a big, important step in your data analytics journey. But as Saish Redkar, Senior Product Manager at DataRobot, highlights - there’s more to it than that.

“I've often seen that product analytics setups take a big pause after event tracking. 

I've tried to break down successful product analytic strategies, which I've come across into three major buckets:

• Right questions
  • Right data
  • Right tool setup

So you need to know the why behind your product instrumentation process and start asking better questions. It's important to chalk out the key questions you wish to answer about your product beforehand and try to iterate upon them as you progress.

And the right data  The questions you need to be asking is, is your product infrastructure able to capture the right event data, which will help you inform and answer your questions?

And the third one the right tool setup. A bad tool setup will eventually cost your teams and analytics efforts, and you won't be justifying the ROI of your product analytics strategy.”

This is a snippet from 7 Lessons from 7 Years using Amplitude in which Saish shares his insights from using Amplitude and from leading over 1300 discussions on data governance and product analytics on the forum.

Be the first to reply!