Skip to main content

Hi,

We’re using Amplitude Channel classifiers to categorize user acquisition. We can see and use the Channel user property populated correctly within Amplitude. 

Is it possible to export that data with the BigQuery Destination?

Thanks

Hi Guilherme, our Channel Classifier logic only occurs at query time and does not affect the underlying event data. Our data warehouse exports (i.e. our BigQuery Export) will only export event data therefore will not export the Channel Classifiers.

Can we log this as a request across DWH exports? Would be very helpful to access this logic outside of the Amplitude UI 

Hello,

I would also find the ability to access our channel classifications outside of Amplitude very helpful.

I understand why you can’t include this in the BigQuery export. I was wondering if you could instead provide a way to access the channel definitions via an API? I could not find a documented way to achieve this.

If this were possible, the ‘source of truth’ for the channel definitions would always be in Amplitude; we could use the API output to build a suitable CASE statement to apply to our BigQuery data.

In the meantime the best we can do is write a CASE statement by hand in a data transformation tool and try to keep it up-to-date if we ever change the logic in Amplitude.

Many thanks for your help.