Solved

Automatically export data table

• 6 February 2023
  • 6 replies

I created an analysis data table and want to export the date regularly (e.g. daily) to, e.g. Google Sheets or alike.

I did only find event data export. How can I automate this kind of export?

icon

Best answer by Saish Redkar 6 February 2023, 17:45

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @kornelius 

You can use the Dashboard REST API which now supports Data Tables via existing chart endpoint

https://www.docs.developers.amplitude.com/analytics/apis/dashboard-rest-api/#export-data-tables

Let me know if this helps.

Works great thanks a lot!!

Hi @Saish Redkar, how can I use this endpoint? It is not clear to me. Should I use the same endpoint to get results from an existing chart?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Cecilia 

The results from an existing chart endpoint will work for a data table too. You will have to use the chart id of your data table in the api call.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

@Cecilia Definitely check out the article that @Saish Redkar linked for you! And it looks like @jarren.patao replied via email. Posting his answer here in case it helps other members with the same question:

This should be possible to export a Data Table, you can do so with the Results From Existing Chart endpoint and exclude the date parameters. Here is a snippet from our documentation:

You can use the Dashboard REST API to export data from data tables. Just query any Data Table chart type, and don't include start or end dates in the query.

This could look something like 

curl --location 'https://amplitude.com/api/3/chart/{CHART_ID}/query' \
--header 'Authorization: Basic {REDACTED}'

Otherwise, I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any questions.

i’ve got data export to bigquery turned on for every 10 minutes, but i notice the upload times are not continuous and so a bunch of data never gets synced

for instance, i’ll see server UTC upload times with gaps between them, like this: 

how do i fix this?

SERVER TIME UTC

3:00-3:10 pm
2:40-2:50 pm
2:10-2:20

(not looking to use the api, want to keep it synced to bigquery)