Solved

Find intersection amongst Users

• 23 May 2022
  • 1 reply

Hi All, 
In my application I will be exposing users to multiple Experiments. 

we want to figure out number of times a user gets exposed to more than 1 experiment, and when they do we want to figure out the different experiments that they were exposed to. 

As an extension we also might want to bring time/session into picture. Ex- If a user gets exposed to more than one experiment within the same session or within a fixed time intervalI(lets say 1 hour), we need to monitor that. 
Do we have a standard way to accomplish this? 

icon

Best answer by belinda.chiu 24 May 2022, 19:25

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @c4code ! Welcome to the Amplitude Community and I’m happy to help! 👋 

For your scenario, there’s not really a standard way to accomplish this as it will depend on your organization. The most straightforward way that I can see this happening is to instrument an event called Experiment Exposed every time a user gets exposed to 1 experiment and then an event property with the Experiment ID. You can then use cohorts and charts to build your analyses. There are a couple of things to note here though. First is that the Experiment Exposed event will count towards your allocated event volume. Second is that if you want to see this data on each individual user level, you will need to group by User ID on charts which may run into chart pruning: https://help.amplitude.com/hc/en-us/articles/360031259831 

Hope the thoughts above help get you started!