Solved

Working with multiple different Amplitude projects and Ampli SDK

• 5 October 2022
  • 5 replies

I currently have multiple projects depending what version of my iOS app is being launced. An example would be a dev project and a production project.
What do I need to do so that the Ampli SDK automatically knows which project should be used?

icon

Best answer by Denis Holmes 6 October 2022, 16:32

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @irmalexandra ,

Denis here again! You can create a new project in Data itself and it will create two projects for you, one production and one developments. You cannot add more environments than that at this time. Ampli SDK will know which Data project to use when you login with ampli login, you should get options to choose which Data project when you have two or more.

Kind Regards,
Denis

Hi Denis,

This sounds like the answer I’m looking for! I’m unclear what you mean by “create a new project in data itself”. In the Amplitude dashboard if I navigate to Analytics then in the left bar I can go to:
  settings → Projects → Create Project
If I instead switch to “Data  Beta”, the left bar Settings does not contain Projects (it contains: General, Environments, etc).
I was wondering if you could clarify the steps to create a project in Data itself?

Kind Regards,

Owen

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @OwenC ,

You would need to create a project inside Data in the top left hand corner when you enter Data. You can click on the branch below the Data Title and there you will have an option to create a new project. 

Kind Regards,
Denis

Hi @Denis Holmes,

Thanks for the fast reply! I had manager permissions and the Create new Project button was not visible but with admin privileges it is. 

Thanks,

Owen

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @OwenC ,

What was the name of the project which you cannot see in Data? I can take a look! (If you can let me know your Org ID too, I need that, you can PM me it). 

Kind Regards,
Denis