Solved

Old event property still coming through

• 25 October 2022
  • 3 replies

A couple of months ago we changed one of our event properties from “pageName” to “Page name”.

Currently, we’re only sending “Page name”. 

However, when looking at the event it’s still showing the old property coming through:

Unexpected Property

100% of event volume included this property while it was unexpected

The new property is coming through as well, with a 1-1 matching to this one, the same number of events fired for both.

If you remove the whitespace and the capitalisation they are the same “pagename”. 

Is there a reason for why I’m still seeing the old events coming through (even though we aren’t sending them in the payload)?

Is there some way I can stop the old ones coming through, or is it intentional?

icon

Best answer by Yuanyuan Zhang 1 November 2022, 18:09

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hi @RossMorey 

Thank you for writing this post! 

Did you change the event property name in the Amplitude UI or in your instrumentation code? So currently you see both  “pageName” and “Page name” as event properties for the same event?

Hi @RossMorey 

Thank you for writing this post! 

Did you change the event property name in the Amplitude UI or in your instrumentation code? So currently you see both  “pageName” and “Page name” as event properties for the same event?

Hi!

Yes we’re seeing both “pageName” and “Page name” as event properties for the same event, coming through as the payload from every new firing of the event.

The event property name was changed in the instrumentation code.

After changing it in the code, we are still seeing the old property: ‘pageName’ and the new property from the code: ‘Page name’ both coming through.

To further clarify, the code is ONLY sending ‘Page name’ (but it did previously send ‘pageName’ instead)

Is that enough information?

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hi @RossMorey,

Thanks for letting me know! I will need to check your project data to understand what went wrong. I have created a ticket on your behalf so I might reach out for the link to your project!