Solved

Unexpected events from France

• 16 January 2023
  • 4 replies

Hi everyone!
The last two weeks we have an unexpected traffic coming from ‘France’ (Wed. Jan 4, Thu. Jan 5, Wed. Jan 11, Thu. Jan 12) . All those users lands on a page and exits.

It seems to be a bot, but the weird thing is that those events are only visible in the project using (Actions).

Is someone having the same issue? Why Amplitude Actions is tracking those events, and not the other?
Thanks a lot in advance.

Cheers, Mauri

icon

Best answer by Yuanyuan Zhang 19 January 2023, 16:07

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Thanks for reaching out here @Mauri Vicente. Here’s more information about how to handle schema violations in our help center - link. Please let us know if this helps and if you’re able to make progress. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hi @Mauri Vicente

Sorry to hear you are experiencing this issue!

The first thing to check would be from which source this unexpected traffic is from and check with your dev team if they have made any changes in the instrumentation. 

Another possibility is that you product has experienced bot attack, causing extreme traffic. I am not able to verify this but your dev team might want to look into it. 

I hope this helps. Looking forward to hearing back from you!
Best, 

Hi Yuanyuan, first thanks a lot for your answer.

Either is coming from our dev. team, or a bot attack, how it can be explained that this traffic is only visible on Actions?

Best, Mauri

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hi @Mauri Vicente

Can you elaborate on what you mean by “this traffic is only visible on Actions”? Please kindly provide as much context as possible. It might help me understand the issue better. Thanks.