Solved

Unexpected 100x More Revenue Data

• 15 January 2023
  • 4 replies

Hello,

I've been using a revenue track and everything has been running smoothly with over 100 purchases. However, I recently discovered an issue where a user's revenue was incorrectly recorded as 100 times the intended amount for two purchases, going from 4.99 to 499 and 2.99 to 299. This appears to only be affecting this one user.

Need help. Thanks.

icon

Best answer by Saish Redkar 19 January 2023, 00:42

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Thanks for reaching out @hexaegg and excuse the delay. Here’s more information about tracking revenue in our help center - link. Please let us know if you need additional support.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @hexaegg
Can you check the raw json for this specific event?

If the raw value for $price reflects 499 instead of the expected 4.99, then the issue might be in the source where this value originated. Is there any other place where you might be storing this information of revenue events outside of Amplitude? How are you doing revenue verification ?

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi @hexaegg , 

I wanted to check to see if you were still experiencing this revenue issue. We may need to create a support ticket so I can take a closer look into your data settings and not share identifying information in the Community. 

Let me know if you would like to continue in a support email. Thanks! 

Best, 
Loc

Thank you for your response. I found that the raw JSON data is showing the number as 499, so the problem is with the source data. 

I discovered that the issue only occurs when the phone's system language is set to German. It appears to be an error with the way I am parsing float numbers in my code.