Solved

Tracking pathfinder's event

• 31 October 2022
  • 2 replies

Hi everyone, I recently create a pathfinder chart, things is in my pathfinder there is a lot of events seem to be duplicated. For example: my path has 10 steps but, my step 10 is event “web_url”, but step 9 is also that event “web_url”, same with step 8, 7 ,6 

Does anyone knows about this case. Any help would be great for me

Thank you 

icon

Best answer by Saish Redkar 31 October 2022, 20:49

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Dat.nguyen 

It’s common to see repeated events in a pathfinder chart if the user actions are generated accordingly.

If you think that duplicated events shouldn’t occur back to back in a user’s workflow in your product, then I would suggest checking your product instrumentation to see where it’s misfiring.

If you are just looking to hide the repeated events for ease of analysis in your chart, then you can use the Collapse Repeated Steps option. More on that here.

Hope this helps.

Hey @Dat.nguyen 

It’s common to see repeated events in a pathfinder chart if the user actions are generated accordingly.

If you think that duplicated events shouldn’t occur back to back in a user’s workflow in your product, then I would suggest checking your product instrumentation to see where it’s misfiring.

If you are just looking to hide the repeated events for ease of analysis in your chart, then you can use the Collapse Repeated Steps option. More on that here.

Hope this helps.

Thank you Saish, so if the a web url is set up as an event and I see this event appear way too many times (in too many steps). Is it mean that the problem is coming from my web url