Question

Not show sessions in User Sessions

• 18 July 2023
  • 4 replies

I have a collection of events associated with session_id.

However, when selecting the UserSessions tab, no sessions are displayed. I have attempted to view both events performed within sessions and standalone sessions.

4 replies

What did I do wrong?
help, please

Badge +1

Hi Ruslan! Are you sending IDs as milliseconds since epoch? If you’re using the HTTP API, make sure that it is correctly formatted. From the help center:

Session IDs for events sent via the Amplitude SDKs are automatically generated and managed. However, for events sent via the HTTP API, Amplitude defaults to a session ID of -1. This means the event is excluded from all session metrics. 

Hi Ruslan! Are you sending IDs as milliseconds since epoch? If you’re using the HTTP API, make sure that it is correctly formatted. From the help center:

Session IDs for events sent via the Amplitude SDKs are automatically generated and managed. However, for events sent via the HTTP API, Amplitude defaults to a session ID of -1. This means the event is excluded from all session metrics. 

Here is my request in Amplitude

Did I understand correctly, do I need to add the “time” key in milliseconds?
Thanks for the help

Badge +1

It looks like all your Session IDs are coming in as -1, so I’d recommend double checking that your code is setting a unique Session ID for each session because it looks like Amplitude is setting them to the default -1, which will exclude the event from session metrics.