Skip to main content
Solved

No Sessions on Segment integration with Amplitude Actions

• 7 February 2022
  • 3 replies

In Segment, I have two JS sources for our Test and Production environments. And the respective destinations to Amplitude Actions.

Both destinations share the same configuration. Nevertheless, I see sessions in the Test environment but not in the Production environment.

• Page calls & Track calls Mappings for Session ID in both destinations are configured as so:
  • If I look at the raw events in the debugger, page and track events from both the Test & Production Environments come with an “integrations” object:
"integrations": {
"Actions Amplitude": {
"session_id": 1644244386047
}
}

• In Amplitude, Test & Production projects share the same session definition:
  • Nevertheless, in Amplitude I can see sessions in session charts for Test project but not for the Production project.

Any ideas why this is not working on Production?

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi @dcerecedo! This sounds strange indeed. I will open a Support ticket for you to follow up with you to get more details on your org.  

I am actually have this exact same issue and was wondering how this got resolved? I reached out to our Amplitude reps and they said that it was not something they were familiar with and that I should talk to Segment. Segment is saying the same thing. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Experiencing a similar issue 2 years later, is there any more information on this issue?