Solved

How to exclude data for an event?

• 5 December 2022
  • 5 replies

Badge

Event data (blue) from July through this month is inaccurate as the Event was affected during a code deployment and realized months after. We had to create a new Event (green) which was just completed last week. I am including both Events in the chart for continuity, but want to exclude data from July through December as it was inaccurate with the code change. I don’t think this is possible with current date functionality unless I put the start date as when the fix was put into place, but that would mean our SaaS clients couldn't see valuable usage data prior to July. TIA!

icon

Best answer by Saish Redkar 5 December 2022, 23:27

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @ajflo 

If I’m understanding your use case correctly, then a drop filter could be useful in such scenarios.

Hope this helps.

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hey there,

I agree with Saish, drop filters should fit your use case the best! 

Best,

Zhenia

Badge

Thank you @Saish Redkar and @Zhenia Semenina! I found this link to help create a drop set but am a bit lost of where the “main” is discussed in step 1...https://help.amplitude.com/hc/en-us/articles/5078869299099-Filter-events-with-block-filters-and-drop-filters. Is there a different tip sheet that might be more helpful/have more screenshots?

We don’t have an Amplitude super user on our team so trying to play catch up 😊

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Looks like the doc is now referring to implementing the drop filters via the Amplitude Data offering.
You can read more on that here if your org has been moved over to Data.

In short, the drop filters will have to be done on the main branch of your tracking workflow instead of creating a branch and then publishing the changes.

I have implemented drop filters in the legacy Govern UI till now, so not quite familiar with the new workflow.

Badge

Support noted Amplitude Data is being rolled out on a case by case basis with my org not being transitioned over and it still lives in Govern for me. Thanks!