Skip to main content
Solved

GTM not working properly

• 25 April 2022
  • 4 replies

Hello there, 

Im using GTM model “Amplitude Analytics”, but getting into some issues:

• Seems GTM Event when active, broke the AMP pixels on React website (all connections stop working), because that i´m trying to send all data from GTM
  • When i set UTM on events Pageview it doesn't setup on Amplitude as user properties:
  • When i send the event to setup user_id it doesn't set it up on Amplitude:

Any help is welcome :)

Hello @RafaelCunha happy to help!

I tested the GTM Template in my personal instance and was unable to replicate the behavior described. I will paste how I have my settings set up.

In my Amplitude project, the User ID is set as 891348973289489 as shown in the screenshots.

Also, it’s worth noting that the GTM template follows our JS SDK setup. In order to enable the UTM and referrer capabilities you actually have to enable them via the Option Key as shown in the first screenshot above. More information on how to enable UTM and referrer can be found, here.

Hope this helps!

I got user_id set it up, with the follow configuration:

• UTM still not working, am i missing a conf ? 

Thanks in advance! 

On my tests, UTM didn't work, but on ADS everything working fine… thanks

Hello @RafaelCunha glad to hear that you have setup GTM!

For the UTM parameters, my tests were also not showing UTMs in Amplliutude. However, it’s important to note how UTMs are captured. In order for Amplitude to capture UTMs they need to be available within the URL.

An example URL would be:

https://www.amplitude.com/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_campaign=product_analytics_playbook&utm_medium=email&utm_term=product%20analytics&utm_content=bannerlink