Solved

Discrepancy in Amplitude charts

• 3 January 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge

I have two charts: one showing sign ins and another usage of functionality once signing into the product. 

I have a user that appears on the functionality chart that does not show in the sign-in chart. This is impossible as they must have signed in to use that functionality. The segmented by/performed by/grouped by sections are both the same in each chart with the only difference being the event. 

Any ideas on what could cause this? 

icon

Best answer by Saish Redkar 3 January 2023, 22:57

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @ajflo 

One of the possible reasons could be that the sign-in event never got captured and didn’t end up in Amplitude for that user.

I would look into that user’s event stream in the user lookup and verify if they performed the respective events i.e sign in and usage.

Another thing to ensure is that both the chart’s time frame is the same. e.g. if your sign in chart is Last 14 days and the usage functionality chart is Last 30 days, then the user’s sign in event could have been left out.

Hope this helps.

Badge

@Saish Redkar great call on the user’s event stream! that allowed us to notice there’s an issue with how dev created that event.