Solved

Cart Analysis Object Array Character Limit

• 26 December 2023
  • 1 reply

Refer to Cart Analysis object array, my team is implementing the array to View Cart and Checkout Complete events (in an ecommerce app)  and found that there are a few items have been added to the array where they actually sent several items.

For example, 

The following is what we’ve sent from the code

"product_list_viewed : [
{
id: 5646,
name: 'Product A',
price: '20'
},
{
id: 2456,
name: 'Product B',
price: '24'
}
{
id: 3534,
name: 'Product C',
price: '26'
}
{
id: 4356,
name: 'Product D',
price: '6'
}
{
id: 0884,
name: 'Product E',
price: '16'
}

]"

What it shows in Amplitude Live Event looks like this

"product_list_viewed : [
{
id: 5646,
name: 'Product A',
price: '20'
},
{
id: 2456,
name: 'Product B',
price: '24'
}

]"

Please note that the property key name and value are longer than the example I showed above

1. Is this related to the character limit ?
  2. From question #1, what is the character limit for event properties object array (in terms of cart analysis feature) ? Is it the same as user properties array (10000 chars) ? I couldn’t find any article about this yet.
  3. What if I can split the data in the array, will this issue resolve (I mean no limit anymore) ? Or If I have subscribed to the Growth plan, will this character limit increase ? (I currently in Growth plan for Production account, but for testing account it’s just starter plan)
icon

Best answer by dangrainger 27 December 2023, 09:44

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

HI @ASTH. Is the example you posted above the exact script you’re sending? Seems you’re missing a comma after the second, third and fourth items, I suspect this should solve your issue.