Solved

Week-over-week retention chart

• 5 April 2023
  • 1 reply

How can I build a week-over-week (“WoW”) retention chart? I am defining WoW retention as the percentage of users that were active in the previous week that were active again in the current week. The objective is to see, on average, how many users are returning to the platform week after week.

Currently, I am manually calculating this in Excel by downloading data from my weekly bracket retention chart (download Week 0 users and Week 1 users, then count how many Week 0 users are present in the Week 1 user list, and so on).

Please note that I am on the Free Plan.

icon

Best answer by tsegalla 6 April 2023, 17:05

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi @Longhorn, if you’re looking to get the exact numbers rather than the relative “Week 0” vs. “Week 1” numbers that the Retention chart provides, maybe the “Compare to Past” feature in our Event Segmentation chart would help.

In the chart visualization section, this feature is in the top-left.  You can compare a week-over-week count of Uniques who performed “Any Active Event”.  You can also visualize this as a line chart or a bar chart, and export the data from the data table at the bottom if needed. 

Here is a link to a chart I built in our Demo account to demonstrate this.  I hope this helps!