Solved

Visualizing single metric instead of a chart

• 2 March 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Hey!

I’m relatively new to Amplitude so maybe I’m being a bit daft, I’m trying to add some “tiles” to a dashboard, with a single number, e.g.:

It seems I’m only able to create charts when I click on analysis. I love the powerful features, but also want to have a simplified at a glance view of things.

Thanks,

Ricardo

icon

Best answer by Matrak 2 March 2023, 17:33

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi Ricardo! 

Once you’ve put a graph in a dashboard, you can click on the bottom-right corner of your “tile” (within the dashboard):

Then, you will get some visualization options that includes “KPI” and “Show Summary Metrics”, allowing you to display single numbers or numbers alongside your graphs. 

Those options are not available on every charts, but should work with segementation ones 😊

Userlevel 1

Thank you! It’s so confusing the definition happens in one place, and the display happens in another place. I get why you’d want to decouple the two, but from a UX perspective it makes very hard for the user.

Appreciate your help

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Thanks for jumping in here @Matrak! 😃

Hi, has there been any progress on more types of KPIs? Showing an average or a sum of a property is a common and very useful KPI, but when I create a chart with one of those calculations it’s not possible to change it to a KPI on a dashboard. :(

@Amplitude Admin