Solved

Using an array in one specific event property corresponding to one specific event

Badge

Hi

Happy to be part of this community. This is my first post here.

i am looking to send an event property along with a crash event in below array form. Here I am trying to get the history of incidents x, y, z (from an event property called history) that happened before the actual event crash. Objective is to later classify how many of these x contributed to crash, how many of y contributed to crash etc . Pls note all of x, y, z are not implemented as separate events in amplitude.

Sample format:

Event name: crash

Event property name: history

Event property values for history: {x,y,z} in that order

Is above structure ok to move ahead with?

If yes, I also want to make a pathfinder or funnel chart or some other chart to understand how many of x usages led to crash and how many of y usages led to crash later. Is there some way in which I can use pathfinder chart and filter out counts by event properties to achieve the same

icon

Best answer by Denis Holmes 17 May 2022, 10:43

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @kavithajayaram ,

Sample format:

Event name: crash

Event property name: history

Event property values for history: {x,y,z} in that order

Is above structure ok to move ahead with?

In theory, yes, you can move ahead with this structure. When you look for the crash event and if you group it by history, it will display each of the elements in history in each of the crash events. So if you have only one crash event in your entire Amplitude org with history=[“A”,”B”,”C”] for an event, you would then get clash, A, clash,B and clash,C when you group it by the history. 

As long as the event contains the property and values, you can break out the property values of history for that event at the time it occurred. 

If yes, I also want to make a pathfinder or funnel chart or some other chart to understand how many of x usages led to crash and how many of y usages led to crash later. Is there some way in which I can use pathfinder chart and filter out counts by event properties to achieve the same

Let’s use the Amplitude Demo and assume “Play Song or Video” is the same as the event crash and the Genre_Type is the history of the crash. You could build a funnel and then break out a funnel step by a certain event property. Here is an example chart.

I hope that helps!

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Welcome to the community @kavithajayaram and congrats on your first post! 😀