Solved

Stacked Bar Chart from two different properties of the same event

• 29 March 2023
  • 6 replies

Hey, 
I am trying to create stacked bar chart from two properties of the same event.

I have two custom properties:

1. perfTime - total application loading time
  2. requestProcessingTime - this is only backend part ot total loading time

If I use only single property everything works great but I would like to add to total time bar a second bar showing request processing time.

I know that stacked bar chart can be created with two different events like here:

But the question is if there is a way to do that with only one event.

What I have:

What I would like to have:

Thank you​​​​​​​

icon

Best answer by Jeremie Gluckman 31 March 2023, 08:04

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Thanks for posting here @omygoodness To create a stacked bar chart from two properties of the same event, you can use the Amplitude Chart Editor. In the "Group By" section, select the property you want to use to group the data (in your case, this would be the "perfTime" property). Then, in the "Split By" section, select the property you want to use to split the data into two bars (in your case, this would be the "requestProcessingTime" property). Choose "Stacked" as the bar chart type.

Hi @Jeremie Gluckman I can’t seem to find the “Split By” section, could you please show me with a screenshot? Thanks!

Badge

Hi @Jeremie Gluckman , like @Amp I cannot find any ‘split-by’ option in the grouping. Selecting both properties as group-by just gives a stacked bar with all available options instead of grouping them horizontally by one metric and vertically by another. Can you please confirm whether or not ‘split-by’ is still available? Thank you

Badge

If I click on the specific prop and follow the popout menu to “Data” I get a modal for the prop with the last tab saying ‘splitting’ but nothing ever shows up there. I assume this wouldn’t be the right place...

Badge

Hello, was hoping for a reply to this either confirming that the feature is broken, or explaining how to achieve a stacked bar with specific items being stacked and grouped

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi all, I believe Jeremie meant add the 2nd property as another group by on the event. The terminology “split by” doesn’t exist in Amplitude, but this concept is synonymous to grouping by a property. 

Note: the stacked bar chart is not available when performing a formula. So this will need to remain a bar chart visual.